Saturday, January 16, 2010

#1 - Introduction


I intend to live forever, or die trying.
- Groucho Marx


Okay, I have no idea why I'm doing this. I'm not an artist, a writer or a musician. I have never kept a diary in my life except maybe once way, way long ago in grade 2 or 3, but that was not my choice.

I've never really followed or even read blogs before...until recently. I came across the blog of an old school friend from 30+ years ago. My friend, Peter, was an amazing artist who could quickly draw a caricature of anyone. I was always impressed how he would draw a caricature of a well known actor and then send it to that actor and get a personalized autographed photo back. I was happy to see that Peter went on to work for Disney. Back during the high school days, we always thought that that would be in Peter's future.


Actually, Peter's blog is titled the Cartoon Cave and is found on Blogger at
http://cartooncave.blogspot.com/. Be sure to check it out. Peter has some amazing stuff there.

So why am I blogging? Do I want people reading about me? Not really. I don't even know if this gets out for people to see. Do I want to see if I can be creative? Maybe. I think I mainly just want to try something different to see where it goes, and maybe after a while I'll have a collection of documented memories and thoughts. This sure sounds like a diary to me.


In my next entry I'll go over some of my hobbies, likes and dislikes.

No comments:

Post a Comment